Department of Remote Sensing
Phone: +49 (0) 931 31-83562
Institute of Geography and Geology
Campus Hubland Nord
Researcher working on animal movements modeling with remote sensing data.
- change detection
- multi-temporal image analysis methods
- spatial and statistical modeling
09/2011 – 06/2013
Masters in Physical Geography at the University of Lisbon, Portugal, with the thesis “Analysis of in Situ measurements supported by Earth observation data for the identification of drought events in South Tyrol”
09/2008 – 07/2011
Bachelor in Geography from the University of Porto, Portugal
07/2012 – 07/2012
Research assistant at the Higher Institute of Agronomy (ISA) focusing on forest cover dynamics in relation to long-term fire regimes.
09/2011 – 09/2011
Internship at Bio3, Aveiro, Portugal, focusing on environmental impact assessment research on the impact of renewal energy development on animals
10/2010 – 06/2011
Research assistant at the department of Physical geography of the University of Porto, Portugal, focusing on updating and developing decision support systems for natural hazard response and intervention
08/2012 – 03/2015
Junior researcher at the European Academy of Bolzano (EURAC) in Bolzano, Italy, working on HR Land cover classification, multi-temporal change detection algorithms and Image processing and analysis.
- Remelgado, R., Leutner, B., Safi, K., Sonnenschein, R., Kuebert, C., and Wegmann, M. (2017) Linking animal movement and remote sensing – mapping resource suitability from a remote sensing perspective, Remote Sensing in Ecology and Conservation.
- Tedim, F., Remelgado, R., Martins, J., and Carvalho, S. (2015) The largest forest fires in Portugal: the constraints of burned area size on the comprehension of fire severity, Journal of Environmental Biology36, 133-143.
- Pasoli, L., Notarnicola, C., Bertoldi, G., Bruzzone, L., Remelgado, R., Greifender, F., Niedrist, G., Della Chiesa, S., Tappeiner, U., and Zebisch, M. (2015) Estimation of Soil Moisture in Mountain Areas Using SVR Technique Applied to Multiscale Active Radar Images at C-Band, IEEE Journal of Selected Topics in Applied Earth Observations and Remote Sensing8, 262-283.
- Tedim, F., Remelgado, R., Borges, C., Carvalho, S., and Martins, J. (2013) Exploring the occurrence of mega-fires in Portugal, Forest Ecology and Management294, 86 - 96.
- Remelgado, R., and Wegmann, M. (2017) Towards Behavior Dependent Species Distribution Modeling. In 37th International Symposium of Remote Sensing of Environment, p 473, Tshwane, South Africa.
- Remelgado, R., Wegmann, M., and Kamran, S. (2016) Remote Sensing in Movement Ecology: Scale Dependencies of Space Use. In Living Planet Symposium - Europen Space Agency (ESA), Prague, Czech Republic.
- Remelgado, R., Sonnenschein, R., and Notarnicola, C. (2014) Forest damage assessment using SAR and optical data: evaluating the potential for rapid mapping in mountains. In Special Issue 1: 34th EARSeL Symposium, pp 76-81, EARSeL eProceedings.